Making your own homemade aromatherapy is not only fun but also extremely satisfying as well. These aromatherapy perfumes would enhance a person’s good mood, provides some extra energy and helps you relax.
These homemade aromatherapy recipes I’m going to provide below are very much simple to make and easy to follow. Choose which perfume recipes you most likely to follow or choose a recipe where materials are readily available for you to start.
By following the simple instructions below, you will soon be making your very own homemade aromatherapy perfumes.
First, you need to have a base (To learn more about base notes, please visit the topic about the Difference between Perfume and Cologne ). It can either be an alcohol or carrier oil. For best result, a combination of alcohol and carrier oil would be great. The best alcohol to use is an odorless alcohol. That is why I prefer using Vodka and mix it with Jojoba oil which is my carrier oil. Jojoba is quite expensive since it has a long shelf life, and once applied to skin and dries out it would leave a sweet soothing scent behind. This doesn’t limit you from using jojoba oil only. You could use other less expensive oils such as almond or apricot kernel oil.
Basic Instruction in making your Homemade Aromatherapy Perfume
1. Prepare you perfume bottle container. (Preferably dark glass bottle)
2. Measure 1teaspoon of your carrier oil (Jojoba, Almond, or Apricot kernel oil) and another 1teaspoon of alcohol (Vodka). Using a funnel pour these two ingredients in your bottle.
3. Add the essential oils from your chosen recipe listed below. You may need a dropper since not all essential oil bottles comes with a dropper. Once you have finished adding the last drop of essential oil, close the lid tightly and shake well.
4. Store it in a cool dark place. You need to store your mixture for 12 days or more before you have to use it. Try to remember to shake the bottle at least every 4 days.
5. After 12 days, you can now begin to enjoy the aromatherapy that you have made.
Homemade Aromatherapy Recipes
The following recipes have been designed to help produce much more calming effect to the person using it. These homemade perfumes will help you to focus on your inner self, and provide you a feeling of security, which will promote a feeling of total relaxation.
4 drops of Cedarwood
2 drops of Clary Sage
1 drop of Grapefruit
2 drops of Mandarin
2. Chill Out
2 drops of Grapefruit
2 drops of Patchouli
1 drop of Rose
3 drops of Vetivert
2 drops of Ylang-Ylang
3. Sleep Tight
2 drops of Bergamot
3 drops of Chamomile
2 drops of Marjoram
4 drops of Lavender
3 drops of lavender
3 drops of Neroli
2 drops of Spearmint
So now that you have few homemade aromatherapy recipes to consider why not go out and purchase some ingredients today to start making your own aromatherapy perfumes!