2008-10-02

Smells like Money

smells like money
Smelling and sniffing perfumes alone could turn you into a millionaire! It sounds easy as it seems but bear in mind that this is not for everybody. If you have the skills and the talent to identify 2,000 smells then you could climb the ladder of success and be the next millionaire.



There are only about 1,000 people worldwide who can put fragrances together with the power of their nose, and many of them have six-figure salaries. These men and women are well-trained to perfection for they have spent three years as a trainee perfumer and by the end of which they must be able to identify 2,000 ingredients by smell alone. After being a trainee perfumer, they also spent another four years as an apprentice.

To present some of the few big time perfumers

Alberto Morillas
Alberto Morillas (Givenchy Pour Homme, Bulgari Blu, Tommy). Mostly self-trained. His creations are spontaneous and numerous and do not follow any set of given rules.


Carlos Benaïm
Carlos Benaïm (Calvin Klein Eternity, Emporio Armani White, Ralph Lauren Polo) Presenting his latest perfume, Bulgari Jasmin Noir.


Maurice Roucel
Maurice Roucel (Dunhill Fresh, Gucci Envy, Nautica Voyage) Most of the fragrances composed by Maurice Roucel has his signature scent of Michelia longifolia scent.

Laura Tonatto
Laura Tonatto Her perfumes include Mediteranneo for Carthusia, Oltre, E. Duse, and Aqua Admirabilis



Being a perfumer is not easy but I didn’t say it’s impossible. It takes a lot of discipline, time, knowledge and proper training to create a fragrance that has a unique soul and character that appeals to most people. But no matter what it takes for you to become a successful perfumer the most important tool that you should equip yourself with is your intuition and your nose.


Stinky Jobs

Think your job stinks? Well think again co’z these one does...literally!

armpit sniffer
Armpit Sniffer
Works for companies that make deodorants.






bad breath
Breath Odor Evaluator
Odor judges smell nasty morning breath or breath ‘insulted’ with strong scents like garlic and rate the breath on a scale from 1 to 9. To test odor-reducing products like gum or mouthwash, they smell the breath again and assign it a new rating.

Are you willing to do just about anything that pays to see you through the hardest times?



Related Content

14 comments:

PYNTK said...

I'm always afraid I'd never get the stench out of my nostrils.

Gem said...

Shocks! Hahaha!

I am familiar of that wine tasting thing. I am also aware of those people whose job is to sniff perfumes.

But one thing that really got me is the armpit and breath sniffers. Hahaha! I think anybody would like to do those literally-stinky jobs if these were high-paying.

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that this post somehow made you laugh :)

My job doesn't stinks literally but it SUCKS Big time!

Make Homemade Fragrances

Anonymous said...

I think I won't be suitable for the armpit sniffer and Breath Odor Evaluator, as I'm very sensitive to bad smells and might be will throw out if I smell something badly!

Anonymous said...

I am making my own perfumes at the moment (made my second one tonight) and I am not following any set of given rules at the mo.
Tevlar.net

Anonymous said...

Armpit sniffer, lol! I hope they're well-compensated.

Anonymous said...

Some of them have a really hard work! I couldn't imagine myself working as a breath odor evaluator.
There are reasons for this "profits from perfume" explosion and they are worth your attention.

1. Perfume is a simple product. If a woman likes it, she can buy it. She doesn't have to be young, thin or have a classic shape.
2.The amount of money required to launch a new fragrance is small compared to the cost of launching other new products
3. If your perfume is a hit, your profits can make a Hollywood mogul jealous.
4. Thanks to today's technology, a new fragrance can be developed faster than it takes to settle on a name and write up the contract!

Anonymous said...

Some of them have a really hard work! I couldn't imagine myself working as a breath odor evaluator.
There are reasons for this "profits from perfume" explosion and they are worth your attention.

1. Perfume is a simple product. If a woman likes it, she can buy it. She doesn't have to be young, thin or have a classic shape.
2.The amount of money required to launch a new fragrance is small compared to the cost of launching other new products
3. If your perfume is a hit, your profits can make a Hollywood mogul jealous.
4. Thanks to today's technology, a new fragrance can be developed faster than it takes to settle on a name and write up the contract!

Anonymous said...

Indeed some odd jobs are difficult and sad to say that some of these odd jobs are not well compensated. I'm also sensitive to bad smell just like what Wilson Pon commented above.

You could be the next highest paid perfumer Luke. Just continue what you enjoy doing when creating your own perfume.

Thanks for your comments "Penisverlaengerung" indeed perfume has a big earning potential.

Anonymous said...

Yes well said we have the talent to identify the smell. Perfume is the simple thing it likes girls as well as boys the cost of manufacturing perfume is vary less but cost of the perfume is vary high..

Anonymous said...

Interesting post.

Anonymous said...

I really love this site.
buy flowers

Anonymous said...

great blog.keep it up. please visit my blog www.indiandhaba.blogspot.com please do leave your comments there and click on my ads. thank u

Anonymous said...

I think it is quite difficult to identify 2000 smells, There might be some people have this talent but I am not sure everyone is getting 6 figure salary.Anyway I enjoyed your post. Now I am looking for plan to identify 2000 smells. DO you have any idea?

Post a Comment