2010-12-13

What is the best oil for massaging hair?

hair massage
What is the best oil for massaging hair?

Coconut oil has long been used in India and the South Seas for keeping hair soft and shiny. It has the added benefit of a lovely natural scent, that can remind you of Hawaii without the added expense of plane tickets. You can also use sesame or olive oil to massage the head and hair.


Massage for hair is generally a conditioning activity: you're applying oil to the hair and rubbing it in. it does make the hair softer, but even better, it tends to be relaxing to the scalp and neck. Having your head rubbed makes many people feel the way they did when they were babies. Once we're children, our parents forget to rub our heads, but when we're infants, they smooth our hair, pat us, and nestle us against them. Rubbing someone's head can be soothing, calming and loving.


Rubbing someone's head with scented oil can be downright erogenous. Use the oil warmed, and add rosemary or other essential oils to the base vegetable oil.


[Source:askthebeautyexpert.com]

View the original article here

10 comments:

Home Design Collection said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.

First aid kits said...

Hair loss is very common problem for womens and thanks for your advise.

Frozen Yogurt Machines said...

I agree that coconut oil works great. I absolutely love the way it smells as I'm rubbing it in....

Amelia said...

I've never used coconut oil before - I guess any oil would work, including baby oil (??) - I've just permed my hair and it is quite dry, for the first time in its life (I usually have very oily hair!) - so it's good to know what options there are to condition it. Unfortunatly, oil is quite expensive.

smartshopping said...

Unfortunately I can't stand coconut oil anymore. A little bit traumatic with the scent. Btw it's so easy to make coconut oil. Time consuming, but very easy.

wholesale salvia said...

I use Jojoba oils. It has healing properties for damaged and breaking hair. This truly is one of the best carrier oils for hair loss due to breakage.

cosmetic surgery Czech Republic said...

This is really a great post. I like the topic that you have selected for your blog. It is very much informative.

Laparoscopic Training said...

Hair massage is a very good exercise to have once or twice in a week, it relaxes in a better way! I use to have massage may hair regularly and I felt much relax and fit whole the day.

Health Tips said...

Yes regular hair massage is a up to date best and simple treatment to stay happy with the hair we have and make it look better. Oil massaging in hair is quite better than chemical used spas. Coconut oil with few increments with sunflower dried leaf and rose petals can help you develop better result in hair grown and fragrance.

Meredith Simonds said...

I've heard of using olive, almond, grapeseed and jojoba oils for the hair, but never coconut. LOVE the sounds of that, especially scented with a little lavender or rose essential oil. Thanks for the tip :-)

Post a Comment