2008-12-11

I’ll be Home for Christmas

I'll be Home for Christmas
13 more days before Christmas after I’m done writing this post. For the past days, my wife and I were already thinking of what Christmas presents we have to buy for our In-laws and nephews. We are also planning of what special food should we prepare on Christmas eve. We were planning all these and that considering our small budget. But then it happens.....

Just yesterday while preparing myself to call it a day after a stressful day at work, my boss called me to his office. I could tell from the look of his face that he does have something serious to say. He offered me a seat and said that I don’t have to report to work on Monday anymore. He is going to shut down the company. Our company was a direct hit of this global economic crisis just when we are about to rise. It was a head on collision, a total wreck. He was so sorry that he can’t do anything anymore. I told him that there’s nothing to be sorry for, since it’s not his fault. No boss wants to see his business crumbles down and see his employees leave with a sad face. I just considered my work here as a wonderful and fruitful experience. I walked home and tried to wear a smile while I knocked on my apartment’s door. My daughter opened the door and gave me a hug shouting “papa! papa!” I gave my daughter and my wife a kiss and say I’m home. I don’t know how to break the news but I just gave a deep sigh and said to my wife that I just lost my job. She thought I was kidding but then she just saw me smiling with teary eyes (I just can’t cover up my emotion with a smile). She was shocked and also tried to hide her tears. We wanted to be strong for one another, we have to be strong since we don’t have anybody else to turn to. I told my wife later that evening to forget the plans we’ve made for Christmas. Christmas is not all about gifts and special food we are going set in our dining table. The true spirit of Christmas is this; to celebrate Christmas with our family, as a family... I know this too shall pass...

To all my valued friends, readers and visitors here in my blog Make Homemade Fragrances , I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your time and continues support. I truly appreciate and forever thankful. Let me also take this chance to apologize for not posting very often since I don’t have internet connection at home. I only make my post here in our office during my break times. But I’m going to assure you that I’m still going to continue posting informative information and things you need to know about the world of Fragrances

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas
May God bless you all and your family.


From: Bobby, my wife Conie, and to my lovely daughter Aeira Heaven

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family as well!

It's great that you go out of the way to make posts.

Till then,

Jean

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to you =)


-Nurse Jen Doll
www.nursejendoll.com

Rev. Julieanne Paige, O.M.C. said...

It is a very powerful statement 'This too shall pass'. I wish you all the best for 2009 and know that you will be well looked after on the jobfront. A lot of people are sharing your situation this Christmas.

God Bless you and your family

Julieanne

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays to you, I hope next year will bring you just great moments!

Anonymous said...

Wish you and your family a very Happy new year.I think you have enjoyed with family during your holidays.It is nice to hear.May god bless you and your family

Anonymous said...

Hey, its been a while since you have posted. I hope all is well with you, and I do think that yes being with your family during Christmas is great!

Gem said...

Hello there! I'm wondering if you're in Baguio now - I've just read this post.

Sorry about hearing that you have lost your job. It is a reality that many companies are now cutting costs locally and overseas. Workplaces change and there's no stable job anymore (unless you work for the Philippine government as a regular employee).

Good luck and hope to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog...Keep It Updated....I will Bookmark It In My Browser


All The Best,
Marty
http://size-your-genetics.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of making a personal fragrance. Hope the holiday was pleasant for you and yours.

Anonymous said...

hope that you enjoyed the hollidays.

mardoogle said...

NIce post! I have a blog with the same interest/topic. Hope we can exchange links.

Best Regards!

myshoerack

Anonymous said...

It's great that people are making so much stuff for themselves nowadays. It's a welcome change from the throwaway culture of the last 20 odd years.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Cool blog! I just stumbled on it and now I’m a dedicated reader. If you have free time you might want to check out libido enhancers.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Keep it up! for quality name brand fragrances at discount prices please visit,

www.fragrancebeyond.com

Rose@Legal Articles said...

I hope you'll be able to post again here soon. Your readers will miss you.

Swine Flu Prevention said...

Happy holiday christmas, Happy nice.. I like your writing, I Hope you came back to write blog again.

rangon said...

This is a really good idea and there useful medical jobs in Australia can be found in this site.
This is an excellent medical executive position in a highly regarded regional hospital in Australia.They can supply medical recruitment at all levels-and most disciplines. Whether you need cover for short or longer term needs, or to fill a permanent position, They can help.

The Postgraduate Medical Deanery also has contacts in Australia which you may find useful. See their website http://fastmed.orgJust try it see how useful for our job career.

living homeless said...

Happy holidays, I love the writing style it is so refreshing.

talia said...

Man, I love Christmas! I love all the shopping for gifts, so fun :)

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Scrubs said...

I hope you continue to post. Very informative blog!

A Guide for Everyone said...

I'm waiting for your next post. We miss u.......

cosmetic surgery thailand said...

Great Blog and i love coming home for Xmas

Southampton dental implants said...

Great posts! I hope you'll be blogging again soon!

Regards,

Cha

Patrick said...

Great block. Soon it is again so far. Christmas stands in a queue again. I hope it becomes for everybody a nice party again. :)

Kids Bedrooms said...

Christmas will be back around again before we know it! :)

Hay fever said...

Christmas is my fav days, always eager to wait n enjoy these days with friends and family with lots of enjoyment and fun loving

Unknown said...

this blog is very good for fragrance .
he is tell about fragrance using .
botox

finishing basement said...

Hi there! I have read your article, and I must say it’s quite fascinating. What you have written is a general feeling but the way you have embedded the feeling into text is admirable.
finishing basement

Post a Comment